Saturday, January 23, 2010

Wedding Cakes

I specialize in the old-fashion style wedding cakes, but I have done some more modern too. These are all buttercream iced cakes, not fondant.

Juli and Jonathan and the beautiful cake I created for them.  This was a destination wedding in Williamsburg, Va.  They came all the way down from Massachusetts!!

The cake is all buttercream and the couple provided the fresh flowers.

This was a for a nice young couple who got married in Sandbridge (Va Beach).  The cupcakes were for them to SMASH, I mean feed to each other, as opposed to cutting a piece out of the cake.

This was ordered by a bride who only wanted it for "show" and pictures of them cutting it. She was going to serve something else to her guests at their wedding.
 Small cake with double hearts and doves for a small intimate wedding.

A more modern style cake, still buttercream, not fondant. Blue Dots Wedding cake, serves 200-225.



Teal Hearts and Cornelli Lace for another old fashioned look. This cake has the 7" columns between the top and middle tiers and 9" columns between the middle and bottom tiers. Unfortunately, I do not have the 9" columns any longer, but I do have plenty of the 7" ones, so it would not be as tall at the bottom.

Pink and white double ruffles. This can be done with columns as well.

Small wedding with pink cornelli lace and 7" clear twist columns for a small intimate wedding of just family. This can be made as large as you need, and in white (of course).

This was my own wedding cake, that I made back in 1998. 12" heart and 6" heart with 9" clear twist columns. I also have a 9" heart pan so I can make a 3-tiered cake.  I can make this for you without the columns too!

Rectangle Wedding cake that was made at the last minute with cake that was "on hand" at a bakery I used to work at.  It was a rush order with little to no time to spare.

3 tiered with clear twist columns (again, I do not have the 9" columns but could do this with the 7" columns instead), royal icing roses between the columns.

2 comments: